Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Grilled Turkey Burgers & Parmesan Cauliflower

I am exhausted and about to go to bed but I just wanted to post before I do! Had a lonnnng day but I got to spend some time in the kitchen with my wonderful husband which does not happen very often (mostly because I am a bit of a control freak and do not like people in the kitchen when I am trying to get stuff done, but that is neither here nor there). The reason he was in there and helping me was because we were grilling some turkey burgers and he (for the most part) does all of the grilling. I have to admit, it was nice to just sit and there and talk while I was cooking and to have his help !
Well like I said, we made turkey burgers. We actually always have frozen all natural turkey burgers from costco which was perfect so we did not have to make them. I let them defrost over night so they were ready to go today. It is nice to look at a food product and see one ingredient “ground turkey”, that does not happen too often. Alex made them on the grill with fat free provolone cheese. He also toasted the whole wheat buns on the grill just to make them nice and toasty. We had tomato, lettuce, pickles, Dijon mustard, and ketchup, making the burgers 8 points each.
While he was outside grilling, I cut up fresh cauliflower (you can use frozen if you want), and sprayed them with olive oil cooking spray. Season them with a bit of salt and pepper and roast them in the oven at 450 degrees for 15 minutes. When they are finished, sprinkle them with about a quarter cup of parmesan cheese. The cauliflower is 2 points for a serving making the whole meal 10 points total! I think I should have a show “10 points or less” for meals based on weight watchers. If you know anyone that can make that happen, please let me know!


Normally Alex cleans up dinner, he even said today “I take for granted the meals you make, I like to clean the kitchen up because it is nice to have a good meal”… I thought that was very sweet and I hope he doesn’t read this and get embarrassed. Well tonight I cleaned up dinner since he was great and helped me cook! We work so well together in our Newlywed Kitchen …. Maybe I should let him in more often ;)
p.s. .... I hate when people say or spell "catsup" instead of ketchup. ok thats all.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds yum....so buying those burgers and making them for dinner. Thanks for posting to facebook so I could read your knew post :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kate, We love your thoughts on dinners for 10 and under weight watchers points, that is an awesome idea!! I look forward to future 10 and unders!!

    ReplyDelete