Monday, January 2, 2012

Asian BBQ Salmon Salad

Alex loves to eat salads. I try my best to eat them but if I make a salad for dinner, I try to make it with a lot of toppings so it makes me want to eat it! We had salmon and I decided to make a Asian BBQ salmon salad. I made the BBQ sauce with ketchup, soy sauce, sesame oil, honey, ginger, and garlic. I seasoned the salmon with salt and garlic powder, cut it into small pieces, and sautéed it until cooked through. While the salmon is cooking, I made a salad with romaine lettuce, tomato, carrot, cucumber, and edamame beans. Once the salmon is cooked, I added the barbeque sauce to simmer and thicken up to coat the salmon. The salmon goes on top of the lettuce and any dressing can be used. I sprinkle the top with toasted sesame seeds for a bit of crunch. Alex used a ginger dressing, and I used a ranch because I like the flavor of ranch mixed with barbeque sauce.

The salad was so good, it was healthy, Alex loved it, and I would make it again anytime. Instead of always making the average salad, I always try to do different things and become creative.  Marriage is all about compromise, even if it’s over SALADS for dinner J If having to compromise over food in our Newlywed Kitchen, and that is really the decisions we do not always agree on, I would say that we have things really good!

No comments:

Post a Comment