Monday, January 2, 2012

"5 Ingredient Fix"

With the craziness of the Holiday season, plus working and going to school, I sometimes do not have a lot of time to make dinner. I hate that because making dinner is not a chore to me, I love to do it. While I was shopping for Christmas gifts before work, I figured I would grab something really quick and easy to make for dinner, but still was healthy and tasted good. I also wanted to make something that would have leftovers since Alex and I were going to be busy that week. I found 5 things to throw together to make a delicious meal (now I know I usually make something homemade but I did not have the time).
I made whole wheat gnocchi with garlic and spinach chicken sausage, smoked sundried tomatoes, onions, and creamy tomato sauce.


All you have to do is sauté the onions and sausage until they are both browned:


Add in the sundried tomatoes and sauté them with everything until they become softened a bit:

While this is happening, boil the water and cook the gnocchi until they are cooked to your liking.

Add the gnocchi in with the sausage, onions, and tomato and pour the sauce over until warm.


I know that this is not homemade sauce but it is a healthy dinner that can be made in little time. We do  not always have a lot of time in our busy daily schedule but it is nice to know we can still eat a yummy meal that took hardly no time to cook and still make time to eat together as Newlyweds in our Newlywed Kitchen!

No comments:

Post a Comment