Thursday, September 27, 2012

Tilapia with Chive & Mustard Sauce

These past few weeks have been crazy with work and school, but I am still finding time to make delicious dinners for my husband and me, even if it is really late at night.  I have to say, there is not much better than finishing a meal and my husband complimenting me on the dish … it is something that I love to do and am proud of!  The other night was an easy yet awesome light dish (since we were eating so late).  I made tilapia with a mustard chive sauce and a side of green beans.  Here is how I did it:
Take the tilapia and pat it dry (we used two pieces – 1 for each of us).  Once the tilapia is dry, season it with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.  Spray a foil lined baking sheet with cooking spray and bake the tilapia on 450 for about 8 minutes. 
While the fish is cooking, steam some fresh green beans and make the sauce for the fish.  Use approximately 1/3 cup of plain greek yogurt or sour cream (I used greek yogurt because we had it in the fridge), 2 tbs of honey, 1 tbs of mustard (deli or Dijon), lemon juice from 1 lemon, chopped chives (I used about 3 tbs chopped), and salt and pepper to season.  Mix the sauce together and set aside.  Once the fish comes out of the over, plate it with the green beans.  Although the sauce is cold, serve it on top of the fish and the heat of the fish will warm the sauce up naturally.  Season the green beans as you like them … I did salt, garlic powder, yogurt blend butter and fresh parsley. 


The entire dish is literally made in 10 minutes and it is sooo good! Although it is not pictured, the sauce is so good that my husband and I also put it on our green beans.  I will certainly use that sauce for dressings!  Not only is this quick and tasty, it is also really inexpensive to make since tilapia is one of the cheaper fishes out there!
Enjoy the rest of your week!  Next recipe up is honey-soy glazed salmon with edamame!

No comments:

Post a Comment