Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Food & Memories - Chicken & Dumpling Soup

I am pretty bummed that I haven’t been able to do one of my favorite things in the world lately … create recipes and blog about it!  Between work, school, weddings … life … I have not had too much time to do things for myself.  Well …. Here we go!
Recently, I was on the set for the Rachael Ray show for one of her tapings.  I spent the day in NYC with my friends, ate some good food, and had a really great day.  While I was watching RR, I just kept thinking how I do not envy her at all ... at least the talk show aspect of it.  She did not seem to enjoy what she was doing and I do not ever want to lose my interest in making recipes and sharing them! I still would love to have a cooking show – so if anyone can make that happen, that would be great!
Here is the picture of us at the show …

… and yes, I am sitting right next to RR.

Today as I was strolling through facebook, I noticed an update my Aunt Melissa had shared.  She was making soup for my grandparents, one of which is chicken dumpling soup.  When I read this, I immediately got happy and had memories of being at my great grandparents house (Sophie & Bill) and spending time with my family.  I love the way that food can take you back to a memory so vividly – when not many other things can.
It just so happened that I literally had every ingredient to make the soup (not that it is a lot) and started cooking right away.  The homemade flavor is amazing and perfect for my favorite season of all – FALL!  If you would like the recipe let me know – it is a family staple, and you will be making it for years. 

I am sure everyone can think of a recipe that takes them back … share them! I’d love to try and make them for my family!
I am excited for this fall … I have a lot of recipes I have been thinking about and can’t wait to share them all with you!  Also – I am hosting a bridal brunch coming up this Saturday! I have lots of yummy brunch ideas and I can't wait to hear what you think!  I am honored to have my friend Karen and her bridesmaids over the morning of the wedding … maybe she will get some ideas for cooking as a newlywed!
(The PRETTY bride to be!)

No comments:

Post a Comment