Saturday, December 17, 2011

Beef Stew

This is literally the easiest stew that comes out perfect every time! This also happens to be my dad’s favorite thing that I make !! The best part about it is that it cooks in the crock pot for 8 to 10 hours and you have a meal.
I use carrots, celery, onion, and cubed sweet potato for the vegetables in my stew. I do not like regular potatoes in stews or soups, so I figured I would try the sweet potato and that happens to be my favorite part:


I throw all of those into the crock pot and make sure they are evenly mixed. I add a little bit of salt and garlic powder to season the vegetables:


I then pour a small can of tomato sauce over the vegetables and a large jar of beef gravy. You do not have to stir the vegetables or anything, just let the two ingredients sit on top:

I use a large roast as the meat in the stew. I generally get one that looks good or is on sale at the grocery store … I don’t even think I get the same cut every time, but it always turns out good:


After I put the meat on top of the veggies, I pour a can of au jus gravy over the meat. After the au jus is added, I sprinkle a packet of onion soup mix over the beef:




I then set the crock pot to low, cover it, and let it cook for 8 to 10 hours. When I made this dish, I put it on at 10 at night and it was ready when I woke up for work at 7 am to take for lunch with me. The house smelled so good and when I lifted the lid it looked like this:


The meat literally falls apart and is very moist:


Once I pull all of the meat apart, I mix everything together and the best stew ever is formed! Just like that:


The one time my parents came out to visit my husband and I, I made this as a part of my “fall” themed meal. My dad loved it so much that he wanted the ingredients to make it at home and made it that week. My dad likes good food just like I do, so for him to enjoy something that I made is the best! I used to try to make meals for him when I was younger for when he got home from work … they probably were not always that good, but he at least always ate some :) Me and my dad:


If you want a very easy meal with little ingredients, this beef stew is the right choice! It serves many bowls and the leftovers are just as good! My husband gets very excited when I come home from the grocery store when he sees all the ingredients for the stew, because he knows that our Newlywed Kitchen will have this delicious meal soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment