Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Spinach Stuffed Steak

I was walking through my favorite store, Target, and saw steak pin wheels stuffed with garlic and spinach. They looked fantastic and I needed to make a meal in a hurry. The price was good and the cooking seemed fairly easy. We do not eat red meat often, but every once in a while it is a nice change! While the steaks were roasting in the oven, I steamed some cauliflower and made a quick garlic "butter" sauce with cracked black pepper. We do not use real butter in our house, instead we use a yogurt blend which has been just as great! Besides, I never ate "real" butter as a child, but I will explain that later. I also made "Italian" salads. I am not Italian what-so-ever, but I made it with romaine, roasted red peppers, tomato, provolone cheese, and Italian seasoning blend. The meal turned out perfect, was inexpensive, looked great on the plate, and healthy (for the most part). I will definitely buy these steaks again!



 So, back to the butter....  We never had real butter in our house, instead used a margarine blend. We went to Disney World one year over Thanksgiving when I was in third grade or so, where I experienced butter for the first time. From the way I reacted to it, you would think Mickey Mouse was nothing in comparison to this delicious spread that was on my dinner roll. I told everyone how it was the best butter I ever had, in which my family had to tell me that is because it was real. Well....  I still try to hold on to what my momma taught me, so no real butter in this newlywed kitchen, but we are doing just fine!

No comments:

Post a Comment