Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Salmon & Mustard Dill Sauce

Last night’s dinner was delish! Not to mention a very easy clean up! I made salmon filets with a creamy mustard dill sauce ... and to go along with it, roasted brussel sprouts and butternut squash. The salmon was cooked perfectly, the skin was super crispy, and the inside was moist and flaky.  It was lightly seasoned with salt and garlic powder and cooked in my skillet, skin down first. While that was cooking, I microwaved the frozen steam-able brussel sprouts for a few minutes then threw them on a baking sheet. I then took the pre peeled butternut squash and diced it up … threw that on the sheet as well. The brussel sprouts were seasoned with salt, garlic powder, mustard powder, and a dash of sage. The butternut squash had salt, a pumpkin spice blend, as well as a dash of sage. These flavors were all fantastic together and my kitchen smelled wonderful. Once the salmon was finished, I plated it and poured a little bit of chicken stock in the pan to scrape all the flavor. I added honey mustard and Dijon mustard, sour cream, garlic powder, and dill. I never made this sauce before but I always figure if I like all the ingredients going in, I will most likely enjoy the way it tastes… plus you can always add more. Everything came out perfectly and the sauce was my favorite part … and my husband’s too!

No comments:

Post a Comment