Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms

For Thanksgiving every year, we go to my husband’s family’s house for dinner. We normally eat around 5 or 6 so hanging out around the house and smelling all the yummy food makes everyone very hungry. This year I decided to bring an appetizer for everyone to munch on while we waited for dinner. I wanted something easy to eat, healthy, and virtually needed no utensils necessary to serve or eat. I decided to make stuffed mushrooms with spinach and sausage. To make the stuffing, I put onion, garlic, and celery in the food processor, added that to TURKEY Italian sweet sausage and sauté, add a drained box of chopped spinach, 3 pieces of whole wheat bread (toasted and cubed), and some parmesan cheese. I then made the stuffing into little balls and stuffed them into the mushrooms. The stuffed mushrooms baked for a while in the oven and I let them cool and refrigerate over night. (They can be served immediately but I was cooking ahead of time). The next day, we brought them to my husband’s aunts house, threw them in the oven for a couple minutes, set them on the table, and they were gone in about 6.4 seconds. I now am in charge of appetizers every year for thanksgiving which is a pretty big deal! It is nice to bring a bit of our newlywed kitchen into another kitchen, especially when it’s your in-laws!


Forgive the appearance of my pan and foil, but that is just how I cook : )

No comments:

Post a Comment