Friday, April 3, 2015

Weight Watchers Recipes!

I decided to recommit to Weight Watchers this week – having two babies 13 months and 3 weeks apart is no joke!  I started on Monday but my weigh in days will be Friday, so I did weigh in today and lost 4.6 lbs!  I will not be sharing my weight losses each week, but decided I would this time because the first week always brings such success and is encouraging for those possibly considering trying Weight Watchers.  If you have any questions, please let me know!  If you do not want to pay for the monthly WW membership, there is an app called iTrackBites that will follow the same point system and such, you just don’t have a lot of the luxury features as you would with the WW app!  I plan to share my WW recipes on my blog, in addition to what I already do post.  There likely won't be as many recipes each post as there is this week, but I will try to keep creating new things! 

On Sunday, I completed some meal prep that would allow for me to quickly make low-point meals.  I roasted some asparagus, potatoes, sweet potatoes, and onions.  I also shredded some fresh brussel sprouts, and cooked center cut bacon and lean ground beef.  This really made my life so much easier, especially for breakfasts, as the mornings are so hectic with the kiddos!  Here are some of my Weight Watcher recipes I created throughout the week:




Breakfasts (which I eat with fresh fruit for 0pp):

Bacon & Potato Hash  (4pp) – 49g roasted potatoes (1)  2 slices center cut bacon (1) onions (0) and a fried egg (2) cooked in a quick spray of olive oil Pam (0).  I also added some hot sauce (0) for extra flavor.  Since the potatoes, bacon and onion were already cooked, I just had to chop them up and add them in a pan to heat through, which allowed me to make this breakfast in about 5 minutes!



Open-face McGriddle (7pp) – 1 pancake (2) topped with ½ piece of american cheese (1) 2 slices center cut bacon (1) fried egg (2) cooked in a quick spray of olive oil Pam (0) and topped with 1 tbsp of syrup (1).  We buy pre-made pancakes often at Aldi, they come in the freezer section, and make breakfasts really fast for us.  I used to make them and freeze them myself, but the ones at Aldi use all regular ingredients and no ridiculous additives, so it saves me time! I just microwaved the pancake and the bacon, and fried up the egg, added it all together, and it was delicious!



Smoked Salmon, Asparagus & Sweet Potato Hash (5pp) – 75g sweet potato (2) with onions (0) asparagus (0) 1 oz smoked salmon (1) and a fried egg (2).  Again, the asparagus, sweet potato, and onion were cooked on Sunday with meal prep, so I just had to chop up and put it in a pan to warm through.  Add in 1 oz of smoked salmon, then just cook an egg and throw it on top! So fast, easy and delicious. 



Chicken & Waffles (7pp) – 1 whole grain waffle (3) toasted topped with 2 Perdue Simply Smart chicken strips (3) with 1 tbsp syrup (1) and hot sauce (0) to taste! Fast and filling!



Bacon, Spinach & Cheese Omelet (7pp) – 2 eggs (4) with fresh spinach (0) 1 slice American cheese (2) and 2 slices center cut bacon (1).  I added some ketchup to mine for an additional point, because ketchup and eggs, always.  And the bacon was cooked already from Sunday meal prep!



Lunches:

Taco Salad (7pp) – Fresh spinach (0) topped with grape tomatoes (0) 28g reduced fat cheese (2) 30g avocado (1) 3 oz lean ground beef (3) seasoned with ground cumin and chili powder (0) and dressing made of 2 tbsp light sour cream (1) 2 tbsp salsa (0) and hot sauce (0).  The ground beef was made during Sunday meal prep as well, so this was super fast!



Buffalo Chicken Salad (7pp) – Fresh spinach (0) topped with grape tomatoes (0) 14g reduced fat cheddar (1) 14g blue cheese crumbles (1) 2 Perdue Simply Start chicken strips (3) with 2 tbsp light ranch (2) mixed with 1 tbsp hot sauce (0).  When I make this again, I will not use the blue cheese… I didn’t think it was necessary and it would save me a point!



Skinny California Sushi Bowl (5pp) – Cucumber noodles (0) topped with 50g avocado (2) 85g imitation crab (2) and spicy mayo made of 15g olive oil mayo (1) sriracha (0) and splash of white vinegar (0).  I made the cucumber noodles with a veggetti, which spiralizes vegetables into noodles!  I’ve also made this before with brown rice to bulk it up some, and if you mix the rice with soy sauce, the entire thing tastes exactly like a California roll!



Bacon Cheeseburger Salad (7pp) – Fresh spinach (0) topped with tomatoes (0) onions (0) 2 slices center cut bacon (1) 2 oz lean ground beef (2) with 1 slice American cheese (2) and a dressing made of 1 tbsp olive oil mayo (1) 1 tbsp ketchup (1) a little mustard (0) and 1 tsp sweet relish (0).  The ground beef was already cooked from Sunday meal prep, so I microwaved it with the American cheese on top!  Obviously, you could eat much healthier salads, but this was so very good. 



Chicken Fajita Melt (6pp) – 1 mini naan bread (3) 2 oz chicken fajita mix (2) 14g reduced fat cheddar (1) 1 tbsp light sour cream (0) and hot sauce (0).  I put the chicken and cheese on top of the naan and microwaved for a minute and it was delicious. For the chicken, I made it out of my freezer meal prep in the crockpot from a couple weeks ago.  I had everything made up in a bag ready to go so I just had to defrost it, throw it in the crockpot on low for 4 hours and it was done.  As far as the naan goes, I bought it at Costco and it is delicious.  I can’t wait to make salad pizzas and sandwiches with it in the upcoming weeks!



Naan Hot Dog (5pp) - 1 naan bread (3) with an organic Applegate beef hot dog (2) and mustard (0).  Honestly - these are the best hot dogs I have ever had ... and I love a good hot dog.  The ingredients for them are organic grass-fed beef, water, sea salt, organic spices, organic dehydrated garlic, organic dehydrated onion, organic paprika, and celery powder.  Oh - and P.S. the Naan is the only bread item I bought for the week/weeks ... so you will see it used in some ridiculous but amazing ways.




Dinners:

Salmon Dinner (13pp) – 6oz salmon (8) seasoned with salt and garlic powder, seared in quick spray of coconut oil (0) with 155g mashed sweet potatoes (3) mixed with 1 tsp butter (1) an 1 tbsp brown sugar (1) with roasted asparagus (0).  Salmon is high in points on Weight Watchers, but I love it, so I saved my points for it!



Chicken Thigh Dinner (7pp) – 5oz boneless skinless chicken thigh (4) seasoned with salt and garlic powder, seared in a quick spray of olive oil Pam (0), topped with 1tbsp garlic parmesan wing sauce (1) served over sautéed shredded brussel sprouts (0).  I also ate this with fire roasted vegetables in a balsamic butter sauce (2) that I found in the freezer section of Aldi … and I wouldn’t buy them again.  I would rather just roast up some fresh vegetables.  Also, the wing sauce was found at Aldi, and I absolutely would buy that again!



Turkey and Spinach Meatloaf Dinner (7pp) – 4 oz of meatloaf (4) with a salad made of fresh spinach (0) sliced beets (0) tomatoes (0) marinated artichokes (1) 9g of shredded parmesan cheese (1) and 2 tbsp light balsamic dressing (1).  To make the meatloaf, I combined 1 lb ground turkey, 2 handfuls fresh spinach, 1 egg, 1/2 chopped onion, salt and garlic powder.  Press meat mixture into a loaf pan and bake in oven at 375 for 30 minutes covered.  Drain liquid from loaf and continue to bake uncovered for another 10 minutes.  This made four 4oz servings!


Flounder Dinner (5pp) - 3 oz flounder (2) topped with 1 tbsp general tso sauce (1) and served with 3oz cooked brown rice (2) and a ton of roasted broccoli (0).  The general tso sauce I found in the international food aisle at the grocery store and it is really good! 



Snacks:

Smoked Salmon Bites (2pp) – Cucumber rounds (0) topped with 2tbsp Philadelphia whipped chive cream cheese (1) and 1oz smoked salmon (1)!



Peanut Butter & Chocolate (4pp) – 16g peanut butter (3) on a spoon and topped with 17 milk chocolate chips (1)!  This was because I still had a lot of daily points leftover and needed to use them.  Usually when I have leftover points before bed, I eat some peanut butter… It keeps me full… especially since I’m up pumping (breast milk) through the night. 



Orange & Chocolate (2pp) – My favorite combination!  A fresh orange (0) with 15g semisweet chocolate chips (2)!




Tuna Stuffed Celery (3pp) – 1 tuna pouch (2) mixed with 1 tbsp olive oil mayo (1) mustard (0) 1 tbsp sweet relish (0) and stuffed in celery sticks!


No comments:

Post a Comment