Sunday, February 17, 2013

Stuffed Spaghetti Squash Boats: Take 2

Like I had promised before – I made a different type of stuffed spaghetti squash boat.  If it is even possible, I liked this one more than the sauce, mozzarella, and turkey meatballs.  Plus, this dish was only 4 ingredients (I kid you not).  If you need to learn how to prepare the spaghetti squash, refer back to my previous recipe:   Stuffed Spaghetti Squash Boats. 
The ingredients needed are spaghetti squash, frozen bag of creamed spinach, reduced fat monterey jack cheese, and chicken.  Yes – that is it.
Once the squash boats are prepared, add a cooked bag of creamed spinach.  This acts as a delicious sauce with fresh spinach flavor.  Top the spinach with a handful of Monterey jack cheese and sautéed chicken.  Bake the stuffed boats for about 10 more minutes to ensure the cheese is melted.  This dish is so simple, reasonably healthy, and incredibly filling. 
FYI – for the chicken, I seasoned it with garlic powder and salt, seared in a pan in olive oil, and sliced it thin for easy to eat pieces.  Alex loved this dish and ate the rest of mine (since I was very full) which is my favorite compliment!  The ingredients to fill these healthy boats are endless! 

No comments:

Post a Comment