Sunday, November 4, 2012

Halloweenie

Last night we attended a Halloween party at Karen and Luke’s house!  I was dressed as Wendy and my handsome husband was dressed as Waldo.  I wanted to bring some food and drinks to the party… since that is what parties revolve around.  I made an appetizer and dessert as well as two different premade shots. 

The appetizer I made was spinach balls!  Listen – these are SO easy.  They consist of 1 box of stuffing mix (I used stove-top chicken flavored – but you can use any kind), 2 boxes of frozen spinach (drained well), 4 eggs, ½ cup of parmesan cheese, 1 small onion diced, and garlic power.  Combine all the ingredients together and bake in a 350 degree oven for 20 minutes.  Surprisingly – these were the first thing to go!


The dessert I made was Oreo Truffles.  It was the first time I made them and they turned out pretty delicious.  I crushed 1 container of Oreos and mixed them with 1 block of cream cheese.  I then formed those into little balls and dipped them in melted semi-sweet chocolate.  The chocolates were set on wax paper to harden and become little balls of heaven.  Seriously, these are really really good. 

I wanted to make premade shots to bring because it is certainly better than taking straight shots at a party … maybe I am old, but the thought of taking a straight shot of anything anymore makes me want to vomit.  These were very strong and got the job done, but tasted amaze-balls.  One was a Pumpkin Cider shot, which were my favorite as well as a man named Jim (he took 3 back to back- pretty impressive stuff).  Pinnacle has limited edition pumpkin pie flavored vodka which was mixed with apple cider.  You have to use the real apple cider because it gives the shots amazing flavor.  Add a couple of dashes of pumpkin pie spice and you literally have the best shot ever… just ask Christian Grey (aka my new favorite Ryan).  The other shot was a Red Headed Slut mixture … since many people like jager.  I happen to hate jager … but this party wasn’t about me.  It is equal parts of jager, peach schnapps, vodka, and cranberry juice!  Now … I know anyone can bring things to make shots, but pre-making them and bringing them in cute bottles makes the difference and gets the party started. 

I have some fun recipes I am making this week and can’t wait to share! 

Love,
Wendy

No comments:

Post a Comment